Sunday, August 26, 2012

Blah, blah, blah

It's been almost a month since I've written anything...mainly because I've been pretty boring here lately.  My weight has gone back and forth between 156 and 157 lbs, so that's a little victory I've had!  I've found that I have a little more freedom with what I eat, and I can eat a little more as long as I don't go on a hellacious bender. I've had my bad days and plenty of splurge meals but nothing that has made me pack on the pounds.

I attribute some of that to the fact that I'm still running and still training for the half marathon on 10/7.  I've started getting into the higher mileage long runs and it's really hard.  I struggled through 8 miles last Saturday and almost felt sick the rest of the day because of it.  Since my training schedule had a "10k race" on deck for me this Saturday (I guess ole Hal Higdon didn't know I live in the sticks and races don't come around very often, oh and that we're broke) I decided to repeat 8 miles again.  I also decided I needed a change of scenery so I decided to go to Rose Rudman to run.  Well in true Kristi fashion, I overslept and didn't head to the park until about 9:30am.  A combination of the heat, humidity, and the fact I could only find 1 water fountain really got to me.  I trudged through 4.5 miles before I was just absolutely done.  I felt light headed and was gasping for air.  So I headed home feeling like a failure.  I made myself feel super guilty the rest of the day....until I finally sucked it up and finished the other 3.5 miles in a run around the Brook.  So yay-I did my 8 miles....in a roundabout way.  Then I rewarded my total 1185 cals/14 APs earned with 3 slices of pizza from Papa Murphy's and I don't even feel bad about it.

I've been feeling really blah and having myself pity parties on the weekends because of the fact that I don't really have anybody to hang out with her.  My good friends are spread all over Texas but none that I can just call up and say "hey let's hang out today."  I tried to join a Meetup group but that fizzled out pretty quick.  Honestly..I need a hobby.  I guess you could say running IS my hobby but I need something to do AFTER I've run on Saturday morning and I just can't watch anymore TV....something that doesn't cost a lot of money.  Some folks at work have started having group runs to prepare for the half so maybe I will join some of them.  Also, the Women's Leadership Forum group I was accepted to meets for the first time on Wed, so hopefully I will meet some friends there.  I dunno...just this weekend and last weekend I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.



Pics or it didn't happen....my cals burned from my 8 miles last Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Kristi, this is unacceptable. Update your blog.

    ReplyDelete