Sunday, July 22, 2012

Taking it up a notch

Weight on Friday WI: 157.6

It's been awhile...I've really just been super lazy and haven't felt like posting anything.  I'm still maintaining, which is good considering I've had 2 weekends in a row that I just didn't care what I ate.  I had a 0.4 gain on Friday.  It's weird, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm not trying to LOSE anymore.  I know that in maintenance I'm going to both gain and lose here and there but seeing the scale go up, even a little bit, makes me stabby. 

BUT I decided to take my running to the next level...I signed up for a half marathon on Oct 7th! Eek!  It's the Tyler Rose half marathon.  I had orginally planned on running the 5k with the bestie and cousin.  But I found out that my employer is a sponsor of the race and would pay the entry fee.  I went back and forth about it for awhile.  I said I was going to do it but it took me awhile to actually sign up.  I knew once I signed up I would have to start hard core training.  I could get away with not training for a 5k but there's no way I could do a half without preparing.  But I sucked it up last week and signed up and officially started training.  I decided on loosely following Hal Higdon's training schedule which is basically 1 long run and 2 shorter runs a week and the long run's distance increases each week.  I'm up to 5 miles so far.  I know that I more than likely won't be able to run the whole thing and I'm prepared to walk a little bit.  But just actually finishing will be something that I would have never in a million years imagined I'd do.  Something to cross off my bucket list.



This was the absolute best weekend I've had in a very long time.  The bestie came down to stay with me and we all had a girls night last night.  We went to see Magic Mike, which honestly was kind of a beating and I would have rather watched it with no sound, and then to Julian's for dinner and drinks.  A few drinks and some good conversation later 3 of the girls decided they wanted to go get a tattoo.  So we loaded up with the boys and headed across town.  Erin and I walked across the street to Posado's to get a margarita while we were waiting.  Such a good night!  Then today was lazy pool day with a yummy lunch of deli style sandwiches. I actually mustered up enough confidence to wear a triangle bikini top to the pool.  My tummy hadn't seen sunlight since I was 17!  Everybody swore it looked good on me so I decided to say f it and just do it.  It's been such a fun weekend and I'm really not wanting it to end.

                                                                  Me and Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment