Friday, July 27, 2012

baking for the lazy girl

Weigh in: 156.4


Whew...TGIF, seriously.  This week has seemed super long. No real reason, I've just been looking forward to relaxing this weekend. 


I've been doing my scheduled training runs on Tues, Thurs, and Sat.  I've been doing my long runs on Tues afternoons but I'm going to TRY to get up early in the morning and change to Saturdays.  Once I get to 8 or 9 miles, am I really going to want to be doing that on a weeknight?! I feel like I don't have enough time then anyway.  If I'm going to be serious about this training thing, I have GOT to get my butt out of bed before 9am.  It's already unbearably hot and sticky, nasty humid in my fair East Texas by then.  Last Saturday I barely made it 3.5 miles before I felt light headed.  Too hot and I hadn't eaten anything.  I'm trying a different approach tomorrow.  Maybe if I put it out there, I'll actually get up and do it.


Tomorrow is my mom's birthday.  After I do my run Max and I are loading up and heading to Athens.  It's always a good time at mom's with lots of yummy food, drinks, and conversation.  I'm not sure how but it just seems so much more relaxing there than here.  Anyway, I decided to make some cupcakes for the occasion.  I've never really been that much of a baker.  I could say that I'm bad at it but the truth is I'm just lazy! I don't like to be in the kitchen for 3 hours making a dessert.  But I may have found the perfect thing for me...the 2 ingredient cake.  I've tried many different combinations, some better than others.  It's become my "thing" at work when we have birthday snacks.  Here's some of my creations:


 Angel food cake mix and light cherry pie filling=yum.  Several of my co-workers have remade this. 


Devils food cake mix and greek yogurt= eh.  It was okay, I don't think this was anybody's favorite. 


Spice cak mix+pumpkin pie filling= another win.  Perfect for fall


Strawberry cake mix+ 1 can diet cherry 7up + 2 egg whites= great summertime cake.  I paired this with Skinnytaste's light cream cheese frosting and it was a hit, I didn't bring any leftovers home. 


But my new fav is funfetti cake mix+  1 can diet cherry 7up+2 egg whites.  Obviously I have extra diet cherry 7 up around the house.  Unless I'm pairing it with vodka, I don't really drink it.   Who doesn't love funfetti?!  It reminds me of when I was a kid and would buy funfetti icing and eat it straight from the container.  (Reason #87564 that I'm on WW).  If I can have a lighter version of this fun little cake I'm all for it.  I decided to make these for the birthday festivities tomorrow and once again used the Skinnytaste light cream cheese frosting.  Pretty it up with some colored sugar and voila! Lazy girl baking at it's finest.




I might have already eaten 2 tonight........

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Those look delicious!! How many points did they end up being?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not WAIT to make these!! Thanks Kristi! I bet everyone was jumping off the roof with all that caffeine! ahahah jk jk but awesome thanks so much for this!

    ReplyDelete